The Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme (OTAP)
The OTAP is for Teaching Assistants who are, or have the potential to be, outstanding in their roles. Through discussion, tasks and lesson observations, led by accredited facilitators, it aims to develop the impact TAs have on improving the quality of teaching and learning within their schools.
OTAP enables teaching assistants to:
- Place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of the lessons they support
- Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning
- Use different methods and styles of support to challenge learners
- Innovate and take risks
- Have a greater impact on the planning and assessment for the learners they support
- Demonstrate an understanding of teaching and learning at a higher level
- Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance
This programme has been adapted to be delivered online, meaning participants do not have to mix outside of their school ‘bubbles’. Follow-up activities and tasks can be conducted in own schools, which will help participants contextualise their learning.
Dates: 12th, 19th & 26th Nov + 3rd & 10th Dec 2020 (9am-12pm)
RRP- £435Our Price- £250